Friday 2 October 2009

Video Frenzy

Having spent two years muttering to myself about needing some online videos of my poetry, suddenly there's been a mad rush of them. It's getting so you can't type "ranting performance poetry video climate change bespectacled freak" into a search engine without my leering face popping up in front of your startled eyes. This is my attempt to compile everything out there so far.

Most recently, the following video was made by Tenner Films at Dungeness nuclear power station, as part of a series called "Thirteen Short Films About Nuclear Power". It's my response to using nuke power as a "solution" to climate change:


Then there's the series of short films I'm making with Undercurrents, the A-Z of Climate Change. Most of them contain some poetry, but several are straight-up videos of the following poems:

Don't Buy It (B for Buying Ethically):



Consumed (O for Outsourced):



Lifestyle Choice (L for Lifestyle):



The Sustainability Manager's Statement To The Board Of Directors (M for Magic Bullets):



Plus there are the videos that various helpful people have made of me performing at the Climate Camps in April and August:

Lifestyle Choice

Don't Buy It

Risk Assessment


Election Day

And as if that wasn't enough, I was on Radio 4 last night and all (if you're so inclined, you'll be able to hear it here for the next week or so).

So apologies for all that.

No comments: